Eaglemoss EM002 US M16 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage - 3rd Armored Division, Aachen, Germany, 1944 (1:43 Scale)
"In war there is no second prize for the runner-up."
- General Omar Bradley
The best known American half-tracks were the M series made as a standardized design by Autocar, Diamond T, International and White. The M series had a similar front end to the White M3A1 Scout Car but used more powerful engines: a 147bhp 6.3-liter White AX in the Autocar, Diamond T, and White, and a 143bhp 1HC in the International. Each version had four-speed gearboxes with two-speed transfer boxes and drive to the front axle as well as the tracked bogie. The M series half-tracks were widely used by US forces in most theatres of the war, and were also supplied under the Lend-Lease Program to Great Britain, Canada and the Soviet Union. A total of 41,170 were made.
First deployed during the end of WWII and then again in the Korean War, the Maxom quadruple .50 caliber AA machine gun mount was called "Meat Chopper" because of its impressive firepower when used against human wave attacks.
Pictured here is a 1:43 scale diecast replica of a US M16 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage that was attached to the 3rd Armored Division, then deployed to Aachen, Germany, during 1944.
Now in stock!
Length: 5 inches
Width: 2 inches
Release Date: April 2014