Schuco SCH3246372 Russian GAZ 67B Staff Vehicle - Eastern Front, 1941 [EDG Packaging] (1:43 Scale)
"By powerful artillery fire, air strikes, and a wave of attacking tanks, we're supposed to swiftly crush the enemy."
- Marshal Georgi K. Zhukov
In 1938, with the start of World War II looming, the Russian Automobile Co., GAZ, started the development and production of 4x4 vehicles for the Russian Army. Their first model was the GAZ 61, designed to fill the same needs as the Bantam BRC40 jeep built in Butler, PA by the Americans.
The next model, the GAZ 64, was directly inspired by the American Bantam BRC-40, Ford GP, and Willys MA prototypes. Design similarities include; headlight mounting, the cut of the doorway openings, fender openings, seat design, steering wheel, and canvas top and top bow supports, and 1/2 doors. The power train more resembles the Ford Model A than the WWII jeeps. Ford Motor Co had actually entered into a contract and built a Ford Automobile and Truck production plant in Russia.
In 1943, the WWII Soviet GAZ 67 4x4 Staff Vehicle came into production with several improvements. Production of the GAZ-67 was begun on September 23, 1943 and ended in the fall of 1953. All told, 92,843 were produced. From the 2nd half of World War II until the Korean War, the GAZ 67 was the Soviet Union's version of the American Willys Jeep.
Pictured here is a 1:43 scale replica of a Russian GAZ 67B Staff Vehicle.
Length: 3 inches
Width: 1.5 inches