In January 1933, the Kharkovskij Parovozostroitelnij Zavod (KhPZ - Kharkov Locomotive Factory) was ordered to develop a new tank. It was supposed to correct some of the problems manifested in its predecessors thanks to its all-new M-17 engine, which was deemed more reliable and more powerful than the M-5 engine already used for the BT-2 and BT-5 tanks. It would also feature a completely welded hull, offer increased fuel capacity, and come equipped with a new turret armed with a more powerful 76mm gun.
Pictured here is a 1:50 scale Russian BT-7M fast tank armed with a 45mm gun turret. Sold Out!