In 2004, after exhaustive marketing research, the founding members of the Armour Collection range decided to produce a new line called Oryon. Their new undertaking consists of hand painted 1:35 scale metal soldiers from WWII, and 1:32 scale Napoleonic and American Civil War figures. The sculptures are prepared by some of the most famous Italian artists, whose aim it is to reproduce even the smallest details on each figure, which are then hand painted or, where applicable, tampo-printed.
Some of the newest military products include:
- 1:32 scale British Caribbean Pirates, 1700
- 1:32 scale Indian Wars of the American West: General Custer & the 7th Cavalry, "Battle of the Little Bighorn" 1876
- 1:32 scale Ancient Greeks: The Acheans - Achilles and Myrmidons (Troy), 1200 BC
- 1:32 scale Ancient Greeks: Spartan Warriors (Thermopylae), 480 BC
- 1:32 scale The Roman Army 3-Figure Set: Legionnaires, II Legion, Augustus, 43 AD
- 1:32 scale The Roman Army 3-Figure Set: Gladiators - Secutor, Retiarius and Mirmillone 78 AD
- 1:32 scale Discovery of the New World 3-Figure Set: Natives of Centre America - Aztec-Mixtec and Zapotec 1519
-- Updated December 9th, 2013 --
New Product Showcase
One of the nice things about our new site is that it now allows us to highlight some of the more noteworthy items being released by each manufacturer. In the case of Oryon Collection, what follows is a list of some of the more intriguing products that have just arrived which we feel would be of interest to the savvy collector.