The Wilhelmstrasse is a street in the center of Berlin, the capital of Germany. Between the mid 19th century and 1945, it was the administrative centre, first of the Kingdom of Prussia and then of the unified German state, housing in particular the Reich Chancellery and the Foreign Office. For this reason the term "the Wilhelmstrasse" was used in Germany to signify the German governmental administration as a whole, much as the term "Whitehall" is often used to signify the British governmental administration as a whole; in English, "the Wilhelmstrasse" usually referred to the German Foreign Office.
Pictured here is a building facade from Wilhelmstrasse. Sold Out!
Release Date: June 2012
Historical Account: "The Bodyguard Regiment" - The Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (LSSAH) was Adolf Hitler's personal Bodyguard Regiment ("Leibstandarte" being a somewhat archaic German expression for the personal bodyguard of a military leader). The LSSAH independently participated in combat during the Invasion of Poland. The LSSAH was amalgamated into the Waffen-SS together with the SS-VT and the combat units of the SS-TV prior to Operation Barbarossa in 1941. By the end of World War II it had been increased in size from a regiment to a Panzer division. The elite division was a component of the Waffen-SS which was found guilty of war crimes in the Nuremberg Trials.