Derived from the Fiat Ansaldo 5-ton experimental tanks, the L.6 was developed from a tank designed by Fiat-Ansaldo for export and seen as a replacement for the L.3 model. An initial order for 283 was placed, but that was later reduced. Based on a modified L.3 chassis, a 1936 prototype mounted a 37/26 gun in a left hand hull sponson and two machine guns in the turret. Further prototypes were built mounting a 37mm gun and a coax mounted machine gun in the turret. Another variant had twin 8mm machine guns in the turret, but the production model was fitted with a 20mm gun and a coax machine in the turret. Production began in 1939 and the vehicle was considered to possess the same firepower and general mobility as the German PzKpfw II tank. Th L6 was not employed in any considerable numbers until late in the war for Italy and it was then assigned to cavalry divisions and reconnaissance units. A few were sent to Russia to work with Italian units assigned there. There was a production variant that mounted a flame thrower in place of the 20mm gun, and a command version was referred to as the Centro Radia. This unit had two radios and sometimes the turret was removed and a dummy gun was placed within the hull. Sold Out!