Katori was the lead ship of the Katori class of three light cruisers which served with the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. It is named after the noted Shinto Katori Shrine in Chiba prefecture, Japan.
Katori class cruisers were originally ordered to serve as training ships in the 1937 and 1939 Supplementary Naval budget. With the Pacific War, they were used as administrative flagships for various fleets, such as submarine command and control, and to command escort squadrons. The ships were upgraded as the war progressed with additional anti-aircraft guns and depth charges.
Shown here is a 1:1100 scale replica of the Imperial Japanese Navy light cruiser Katori.
Now in stock!
Length: 9-1/2 inches
Release Date: September 2014