Forces of Valor 82008 German Zundapp KS 750 Motorcycle with Sidecar - 14.Panzer Division, Eastern Front, 1943 (1:32 Scale)
"We must do everything we can to promote anti-tank defense, and work just as hard to guarantee successful counter-attacks through the instrument of powerful tank forces of our own."
- Major-General Heinz Guderian, "Achtung Panzer!"
The Zundapp KS750 was a purpose-built motorcycle created for the burgeoning German military machine. In fact, the KS750 was designed from the onset to survive the rigors of combat and travel over most types of off-road areas. It had incredible torque, which enabled it to tow large loads along paved roads and some types of off-road conditions. It was equipped with a sidecar, which enabled it to carry a lone passenger.
The first KS750's were issued to the
Wehrmacht in 1941 and were produced right up until the end of the war, when a series of bombing raids destroyed the Nuremberg factory in 1945. By war's end, approximately 18,500 were produced.
This particular 1:32 scale replica of a German Zundapp KS750 motorcycle with sidecar was attached to the 14.Panzer Division and used on the
Ostfront (eastern front) in 1943. Sold Out!
Length: 4.5 inches
Width: 2 inches
Height: 1.5 inches
Release Date: December 2012
Historical Account: "Kindred Spirit" - The 14.Panzer Division was formed in August 1940 from elements of the 4.Infanterie-Division. It was transferred to Hungary in March 1941 for the Balkans campaign and returned to Germany after the campaign had concluded. It took part in the invasion of Russia and fought on the southern sector until it was destroyed at Stalingrad in January 1943.
The unit was reformed in Brittany, France, during April 1943 and was sent to the southern sector of the Eastern front that October where it remained until July 1944 when it was withdrawn for refitting. It was transferred from the Ukraine to Kurland in August and finally surrendered to the advancing Red Army in April 1945.