Produced from May to September 1941, the Ausf. C and D models of the Sturmgeschutz were built to replace many of the assault guns lost during the early stages of Operation Barabrossa. The Stug III Ausf. D -- like the Ausf. C -- featured a redesigned superstructure that eliminated the direct vision port for the gunner and re-configured the front armor to provide better protection for its crew. Some of the Ausf. D models were designed as command vehicles and featured an armored pannier on the right hand side of the superstructure. Pictured here is a StuG III Ausf. D painted in a gorgeous winter camouflage pattern. Sold Out!