Gaso.Line Gas50705M German Sd. Kfz. 263 Panzerfunkwagen Armored Car (1:50 Scale)
"If the tank succeeds, then victory follows."
- Major-General Heinz Guderian, "Achtung Panzer!"
Development of a heavy armored car started in June 1929 after Daimler-Benz, Buessing-NAG and Magirus were all ordered to design a 6-wheeled armored car based on a 6 x 4 truck chassis. Daimler-Benz provided the G-3 (1928) and G-3a (1929) respectively, Buessing-NAG the G-31, and Magirus the M-206 truck chassis. All of the chassis were similar in design with sone minor technical differences. By 1932, a new 6-wheeled armored car was ready, which was basically an armored body mounted on a modified truck chassis. All of the chassis had a reinforced frame and suspension with dual steering at the front and rear.
Production started in 1932, with 123 Sd. Kfz. 231/232 and 28 Sd. Kfz. 263 produced by Daimler-Benz (36 Sd. Kfz. 231/232), Buessing-BAG (12 Sd. Kfz. 231/232) and Magirus (75 Sd. Kfz. 231/232). Armored bodies were produced by Deutschen Werke AG in Kiel and Deutsche Edelstahlwerke AG in Hannover-Linden. The Sd. Kfz. 231/232 were issued to Aufklaerungs Abteilungs, while the Sd. Kfz. 263 were given to Nachrichten (Signal) units, where they remained in active service during the Polish and French campaigns. Later, they were used for training purposes.
Also known as schwerer Panzerfunkwagen, the Sd. Kfz. 263 had the turret removed and carried an 80 or 100 watt medium wave radio equipment to communicate between battalion, regimental and divisional nets. This model had only a ball mounted MG 34 for armament. Sold Out!