In 1939, after successful trials of the light semi-track troop carrier, the Army indicated their requirement for a similar vehicle capable of transporting a Halbgruppe (half platoon) thereby increasing the flexibility of reconnaissance units. Bussing-Nag were entrusted with the development of the armored body, and Demag with the chassis, which was to be based on their existing Zgkw It (Sd. Kfz. 10). Prototypes were already available, powered by the Maybach NL38 motor. Because of delays, the production series was not started until June 1941 when the first 39 vehicles were completed. Up to October 1943, only minor modifications were incorporated in the production vehicles, but 12 official sub-variants existed, each having a special purpose configuration. After October 1943, this version of the le SPW was known as 'Alte' (old).
The Sd. Kfz. 250/3 halftrack was created for control of motorized formations, equipped with the FuG12 radio which used the 2 meter rod and, later, the 2 meter star aerial. Comes in either feldgrau (field grey) or a desert camouflage pattern. Sold Out!