Germany produced a number of different armored cars during WWII, the last being the Sd. Kfz. 234, which entered production in 1943 and was introduced to battle the following year. The vehicle had been redesigned with a monocoque hull instead of a separate chassis. The steering system remained the same as earlier types but the bogies were attached directly to the hull. The separate mudguards on the earlier models were replaced by a one piece mudguard with integral stowage space. Armor thickness was increased to 30mm and an improved fuel capacity extended the vehicles range to 370 miles.
The Sd. Kfz. 234 was produced in four sub variants, the first of which was fitted with the 20mm Kwk 30 canon and was designated the Sd. Kfz. 234/1. The gun was fitted in an open topped, six sided turret. The improved chassis gave the vehicle an excellent cross country performance, that was on a par with other tracked and semi-tracked vehicles. Sold Out!