Eaglemoss EM021 German Sd. Kfz. 233 Reconnaissance Car - 2.Panzer Division, Falaise, France, 1944 (1:43 Scale)
"If the tank succeeds, then victory follows."
- Major-General Heinz Guderian, "Achtung Panzer!"
The Sd. Kfz. 233 was developed to give the armored reconnaissance squadron a weapon capable of engaging enemy armor and area targets. The Sd. Kfz. 233 reconnaissance car mounted a powerful 7.5cm StuK37 L/24 cannon over the driver's compartment and was capable of attaining cross-country speeds in excess of 80 Km/hr. Built by Schichau, 109 vehicles were produced between December 1942 to October 1943.
Pictured here is a 1:43 scale replica of a German Sd. Kfz. 233 Reconnaissance Car that was attached to the 2.Panzer Division, then deployed to Falaise, France, during 1944.
Now in stock!
Release Date: August 2015
Historical Account: "Through it All" - The 2nd Panzer Division (2.Panzer-Division) was created in 1935, and stationed in Austria after the Anschluss. It participated in the campaigns in Poland (1939) and France (1940), and then returned to Poland for occupation duties (1940-1941). It took part in the Balkans campaign (1941) and then transferred to the Russian Front in September 1941. It fought with Army Group Center in the battles of Moscow (1941) and Kursk (1943). After heavy losses on the Russian Front it was sent to France for rehabilitation (1944). It fought in Normandy and was almost completely destroyed in the Falaise Pocket (1944). It was rebuilt once more and fought in the Battle of the Bulge (1944) and in the defense of the Rhine (1945), surrendering to the Americans at war's end.