Forces of Valor 80214 German Sd. Kfz. 161 PzKpfw IV Ausf. G Medium Tank with Schurzen Side Armor Skirts - 4.Panzer Division, Kowal, Poland, 1944 (1:32 Scale)
"If the tank succeeds, then victory follows."
- Major-General Heinz Guderian, "Achtung Panzer!"
Just one month prior to the commencement of "Operation Typhoon" (the German assault on Moscow) the Waffenamt was scheduled to begin installing the long-barreled 7.5cm KwK gun on its new Mark IV Ausf G tanks. However, when the Wehrmacht encountered the superior Russian KV-1 and T-34 tanks during the summer campaigning season, a decision was made to mount the 7.5cm KwK40 L/43 gun onto as many existing Mark IVs as possible. Since the new gun fired larger rounds than the short-barreled gun mounted on the F1 tanks, ammunition storage capacity had to be increased and the crew compartment had to be re-arranged to accommodate the modifications.
This particular 1:32 scale replica of a German PzKpfw IV Ausf. G medium tank was attached to the 4.Panzer Division then serving on the
ostfront (eastern front) in 1944. Sold Out!
Length: 8 inches
Width: 3 inches
Height: 3.25 inches
Release Date: September 2005
Historical Account: Formed at Wurzburg in November 1938, 4.Panzer-Division saw action in Poland and France, remaining in the latter country until November 1940 on occupation duty. It was later transferred to East Prussia to take part in the invasion of the Soviet Union, fighting on the central sector. Later in the campaign, 4.Panzer was pushed back by the Red Army, fighting in Lativa and Kurland from the summer of 1944 until January 1945, when it was transferred to West Prussia and surrendered to the Red Army in April 1945.