The Sd. Kfz. 10 was started in 1932 as an Army request whose purpose was to carry eight light infantryman or tow weapons into battle. Demag of Wetter-Ruhr developed the prototype, which was completed in 1934, and the first production model appeared three years later in 1937. It was produced at Sauerwerke in Vienna, and from 1943 on primarily at Mechanische Werke at Cottbus.
Some of the guns it towed were the 37mm Pak 35/36, 75mm leIG 18, 150 sIG 33, 50mm Pak38, and 75mm Pak40. It was also the basis for the Sd. Kfz. 250 family of armored halftracks. Pictured here is a German Demag D7 halftrack with towed l.IG18 howitzer painted in field grey. Sold Out!