In June 1937, the Waffenamt ordered a self-propelled version of the 60cm siege mortar to be built. General Karl Becker of the Artillery was heavily involved in its development, hence the sobriquet "Karl" used to describe it. The driving trials were held at Unterlass in May 1940, and delivery of six production vehicles occurred between November 1940 and August 1941. In February 1941, discussions were undertaken on ways to increase the weapon's range. In May 1942, 54cm barrels (Gerat 041) were ordered for the six production vehicles. At a conference with Hitler in March 1943, it was stated that the first 54cm Gerat 041 would be delivered by June 1943, a second in July, and a third by mid-August. The 60cm and 54cm barrels were designed to be interchangeable, based on the ammunition at hand and range of the target. In 1945, US forces captured vehicle No. II with a 60cm mortar, and vehicle No. V with a 54cm.
Now Gaso.Line presents its own assembled rendition of the fearsome 60cm Karl Morser super heavy self-propelled mortar. Note: This is a static display. Although the wheels are made of metal the tracks are made of resin. Two versions available: Ziu and Loki. Sold Out!