The 10.5 cm K gepanzerte Selbstfahrlafette ("10.5 gun on armored self-propelled mount") was a prototype self-propelled gun used by Nazi Germany during World War II. Although it was originally designed as a Schartenbrecher ("bunker buster") for use against the French Maginot Line defences following the defeat of France it was used as a tank destroyer on the Eastern Front.
It was intended to be used against bunkers at ranges beyond which the bunker could return fire. Development by Krupp began in 1939. With the conquest of France complete the design was without a purpose so it was suggested that it be used as a heavy tank destroyer. Two prototypes were ordered, completed in January 1941 and demonstrated in front of Hitler on 31 March 1941. If troop trials were successful it was estimated that series production could begin in the Spring of 1942.
Pictured here is a 1:72 scale replica of a German Dicker Max 105mm Tank Destroyer.
Now in stock!
Length: 4 inches
Width: 1 inch
Release Date: February 2014