The development and engineering of the Lorraine armoured tractor was carried out by the "Etablissements de Dietrich & Cie" in Lunéville in 1935, as a light utility vehicle for the French Army. The basic design of this 6 MT vehicle comprised three compartments. The fore compartment housed a two-men crew, a middle compartment carried the 3.5 litres 6 cylinders in-line Delahaye type 135 engine yielding 70 hp, and the aft cargo compartment had a 800 kg loading capacity. Acting as a battlefield support vehicle the Lorraine 37 L supplied the tanks with ammo or gas using a tracked tanker-trailer. A troop-carrier version dubbed "VBCP" - Voiture Blindee de Chasseurs Portés - 38 L had the cargo section replaced by a heightened superstructure that could accommodate four soldiers. An additional six infantrymen were seated in a tracked closed trailer behind the tractor. Production ended in mid-1940 after the German invasion. Sold Out!