"A lost battle is a battle one thinks one has lost."
- Marshal Ferdinand Foch
The Panhard 178 was a 4x4 armored car which entered service with the French Army shortly before World War II. Many of these vehicles were later captured by the Germans after the invasion of France. The 178 was found to be a sound and reliable design and was pressed into German service and re-designated Panzerspahwagen P204(f). These armored cars were used throughout Europe and in the Soviet Union by German forces for anti-partisan and security duties. Many were converted for use with armored trains their tires replaced with flanged steel wheels, where they were used to scout the tracks ahead of trains. After the Liberation of France in 1944 production was resumed for use by the Free French forces.
Pictured here is a 1:43 scale replica of a French built Panhard 178 armored car.
Now in stock!
Length: 4 inches
Width: 2 inches
Release Date: April 2014