The Bedford QL lorry was the most common British-made 4x4 truck produced, with over 52,000 supplied to the British Forces between 1941 and 1945. Many of these later continued in service with the British Army in Cyprus, Korea and Malaya. The first Bedford QL trucks rolled off the assembly line at Vauxhall's Luton factory early in 1941. They were powered by the reliable GM 3 ½-litre six-cylinder petrol engine.
Pictured here is a 1:50 scale British Bedford QLR wireless truck which was used as a command and signal van by HQ units. Sold Out!
Length: 5.5 inches
Width: 2 inches
Release Date: August 2003
Historical Account: The QL-series was used by all services during the War and there are a sizeable number of trucks preserved and running to this day. This particular vehicle is owned by the British National Army Museum and is currently preserved at the Museum of Army Transport based in Beverley, East Riding.